Whipped Wax: Icing On Top of the Cake
The Hot Cocoa Candle
*Project and photo credit goes to:Spoonful.com
What you need:
- 2 3/4 cups soy wax
- Pouring container
- 1/3 of a 3/4 ounce cube of brown wax dye
- 6 ounce glass mug (made for hot beverages) or a mason jar
- 9 inch tall prewaxed wire wick with clip
How to Make It
- Melt 1 3/4 cups of soy wax in a pouring container or heatproof measuring cup in the microwave according to the package directions. While the wax melts, chop the dye into smaller pieces and stir it in.
- Pour the wax into the mug and insert the wick
To Make the Whipped Cream:
- Melt the remaining wax and let it cool until it’s opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Whip the wax with a form until it begins to form frothy peaks. If the wax is too thin, wait a few minutes and try again. If it thickens too quickly you will need to remelt it.
- Scoop the whipped wax onto the cocoa. Let it cool, then trim the wick.
You can use the whipped wax technique for a variety of other candle projects! It will certainly be the icing on top of the cake!